At Focused Mind Consultancy I take your privacy very seriously, and this policy contains important information about: the practices used with respect to information collected from users who access my website, or otherwise share personal information with me; how this information is stored; and who your information may be shared with.
Focused Mind Consultancy (‘me’) is a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) – i.e. I am responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
Information I collect:
• When you contact Focused Mind Consultancy, or complete the contact form on this website to enquire about coaching, meditation, or HR Consultancy, your name and email address will be collected.
• If I speak on the telephone, your telephone number will also be collected.
• If you attend a meditation class or workshop you will be asked to complete a contact form which will ask for a contact phone number, email address, and next of kin details in case of emergencies
• If you undertake an exploratory coaching session or sign up for a series of coaching sessions your telephone number, Skype contact details, address, and a summary of information shared within the session will be recorded.
If you are a business enquiring about support for an employee, before providing any personal details you should ensure you have their consent to share this information with me.
Processing your personal information (i.e. any information which may potentially allow your identification through reasonable means; hereinafter "Personal Information") is necessary for the performance of my contractual obligations towards you and providing you with my services.
How I store and use that information:
• Your email address, and any information imparted via email (your name, business name, address, telephone number, Skype address etc) will all be stored electronically on a password protected PC. This information is used to contact you and ensure continued improvement to services provided.
• If you have filled in a meditation details form or attended some coaching sessions and ticked the box to say you are happy to be contacted with relevant information relating to coaching and meditation, you may occasionally be sent emails relating to events or special offers. If at any time you no longer wish to receive this correspondence, please contact me and I will be happy to remove you from future correspondence.
• Information regarding work undertaken, including coaching notes, reports, quotes and invoices, is stored on password protected storage devices and will be securely destroyed after all work with you has concluded.
Keeping your information secure:
While I will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using my services, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason I cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via email or other electronic communication. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact me directly.
I will retain your personal information for only as long as necessary to provide my services. Retention periods will take into account the type of information that has been collected and the purpose for which it is collected, together with the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable opportunity.
Upon request you may:
1. Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored personal information.
2. Receive a copy of personal information you directly volunteer to me in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
3. Obtain rectification of your personal information that is in my control.
4. Have your personal information that is within my control erased.
5. Object to the processing of personal information by me.
6. Restrict processing of your personal information by me.
7. Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute and may be subject to my own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights or receive more information, please contact me via email email@example.com
Your information will not be shared with any third parties except in the following cases:
• Law enforcement agencies in connection with an investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
If you download anything from my website or marketing material that is managed by Mail Chimp certain information may be collected by them. Please view their privacy and terms here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/
Where your employer has commissioned/funded coaching for you or the group of which you are a member, certain information from the coaching process may be shared with them. The content of individual coaching sessions will not be shared, and any arrangement to share information will be discussed and agreed with both parties at the start of the contract.
Updates or amendments to this policy:
How to contact me:
If you have any questions about the site or the information collected about you and how it is used, you can contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org